Sequence Of Operation (Induction Stove):
- Beneath the cooking surface is a metal coil which carries an alternating current.
- This alternating current will set up magnetic field through the heating surface.
- When a metallic pot is placed on top of the surface, an e.m.f. is induced in the pot and eddy currents are formed in the pot.
- Energy is dissipated in the form of heat, hence the pot heats.
- Heating is only confined to the conductor (metallic pot), elsewhere where no e.m.f. is set up there will be no heating and thus remains cool to touch.