Sequence Of Operation For Electric Guitar:
- In an electric guitar, a pickup coil is placed near to the vibrating guitar string which is made of a metal that can be magnetized.
- Inside the pickup coil, a permanent magnet magnetizes the portion of the string nearest to the pickup coil.
- When guitar string is struck, the vibrating magnetized portion causes a changing magnetic flux through the pickup coil.
- An e.m.f. is thus induced in the coil, which is then fed to an amplifier.
- The output of the amplifier is then sent to loudspeakers.