- Drag the black object to the left so that it’s width is 0.
- Drag the thimble to the left to check for zero error.
- You may use the 0_error slider to increase/decrease the zero error.
- Drag the thimble to the right and increase the width of the black object.
- Click the play button or drag the thimble to fit the black object.
- Read off the reading and type it into the “reading?” box at the top right. If the reading is correct, the box will be green. If it is wrong, the box will be red.
Micrometer Simulation (Source)
Bonus: You can get this micrometer app on your mobile phone (Android): https://www.miniphysics.com/link/micrometerapp