- Draw a clear and large diagram. This is to help you visualise the descriptions given in the question.
- Transfer all important data and information systematically onto the diagram. This is to avoid spending too much time ploughing through the question again to retrieve the data required to solve the problem.
- Determine the concept(s) needed.
- Derive or state the correct equation(s). There should be no substitution of any numerical values into the equation(s) yet.
- Substitute the numerical values into the final, simplified equation(s). Ensure that the units used are consistent within the equation, for example, all lengths are stated in metres. If necessary, convert all units into SI units before substitution, for example, 13 min should be converted to 13 x 60 s.
- Finally, state the final numerical answer to the correct number of sf/dp, together with its correct unit.
Sharing is caring: