Show/Hide Sub-topics (A Level)
Normal contact force
- A force perpendicular to the surface experienced by a body when it is in physical contact with something else.
- Contact force of a stationary object consists of only the Normal contact force.
- Acts in the opposite direction to the direction of motion of the body
- Resistive force acting between bodies that tends to oppose motion
For moving objects,
- Contact force now consists of Normal contact force(N) and Frictional force(f)
- Contact force is the resultant of N and f
Next: Viscous Force & Tension Force
Previous: Types Of Forces
Back To Forces And Dynamics (A Level)